The first iris!

Leer en español.

Yesterday the first flower opened in a patch of what I think are bearded irises (Iris germanica) in our garden. Today, a few of its sisters followed suit, and soon we will have a little sea of lovely fragrant light purple flowers staying with us for a few weeks. 

I had taken a few weeks' break from the blog, not because I haven't been working in the garden but rather because I've been busy with other things in these strange Covidian times. Seeing this flower as I returned yesterday from taking my car to the mandatory technical inspection inspired me to "come back to nature" and at least share a photo. The rain returned yesterday after a few very dry weeks, and I hope that this will help everything grow and bloom as spring advances.


Comments

Popular Posts